Find a time when you are relaxed, but do not drink any alcohol before or during the time you are writing, as it may affect your handwriting. Be seated comfortably at a table. If you have several styles of writing, you may wish to include samples of each.
1. Write in your normal style. If you always print, please also include a paragraph of cursive writing. If English is not your first language, then also write a paragraph in your native language.
2. Use the writing instrument of your choice, except for pencil.
3. Prepare your sample on a full sheet of unlined paper, such as photocopy paper. Don’t draw in lines and do not placed the paper on top of any lined surface.
4. You may write about anything you wish but make it spontaneous, as in writing a letter. Don’t copy text from a book or magazine, and don’t write poetry. A page or more is good.
5. If you are taking any medication that may affect your handwriting, please include that information.
6. Please state if you have suffered any physical or emotional trauma in the last twelve months or so that might affect your handwriting.
7. Sign your name as you normally do.
8. Note your approximate age, gender, and whether you are right- or left-handed.
That’s it! I will email you the address to snail mail your sample, as originals are always best for analysis. Second best would be a color scan at 300 DPI.