Independent Study Program in Gestalt Graphology
Launched in 2005, this program, authored by Sheila Lowe, consists of four basic but very complex lessons. The student works independently, but is welcome to contact Sheila by email with questions at no additional charge.
BONUS VIDEOS: upon payment for all four lessons, students will receive a bonus of 12 one-hour videos (no charge!). These videos were recorded during an online class in 2014 and cover many important topics related to handwriting and behavior.
(also available separately for purchase):
- Lesson One – spatial arrangement
- Lesson Two – writing form
- Lesson Three – writing movement
- Lesson Four – puts it all together in the context of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
In addition, the student receives a set of handwriting samples to practice on. There are also Extra Lessons that address specific topics. Currently, these include The Myers-Briggs Typology Applied to Handwriting Analysis and Signs of Childhood Sexual Abuse Seen in Adult Handwriting. Others will be announced as they become available.
Exercises and quizzes help the student develop a firm foundation for his or her practice of graphology. A certificate of completion is available to students who successfully answer all the quiz questions and return them to Sheila Lowe.
Unless otherwise arranged, lessons are sent in PDF files by email or on disk. The cost of the course, if the four lessons are purchased all together, is $350. Ordered separately or in hard copy, each of the four basic lessons is $97. Extra Lessons are $25 each.
Although this is a self-study course, Sheila Lowe makes herself available to offer feedback and help students at no additional cost.
How is the course different from your book, Reading Between the Lines, Decoding Handwriting?
The course is founded on the same gestalt principles as the book, and the lessons build on and amplify many topics that were introduced in its pages. The course gives the student an opportunity to put his or her knowledge to work analyzing the many full-page handwriting samples that are included with Lesson One.
Whether you are a beginning student of handwriting analysis or you have studied the trait method through IGAS or other schools, you will benefit from this course.
Primary learning objectives of the Course:
Upon completion of this independent training course, the student can expect to be able to:
- Understand handwriting analysis and its applications
- Explain what handwriting can and cannot reveal about the writer
Develop “eye training,” in order to:
- Recognize essential features of the writer’s core personality
- Understand and interpret the meanings of various handwriting characteristics Identify preferences for specific types of mental processing
- Identify social styles
- Understand and identify positive and negative self-concept factors
- Understand and identify indicators for conscious and unconscious behavioral controls Understand and identify the “Big Five” personality characteristics of agreeableness, conscientiousness, negative emotionality, extroversion, and openness in handwriting
- Be familiar with some of the basic concepts of Freud, Jung, Adler, Horney, and Maslow and how they apply to handwriting
- Understand and identify indicators for possible behavioral or personality disorders, including red flags for dangerous behavior
- Complete a general personality profile in writing
- Complete handwriting analyses for special applications, including relationship compatibility, vocational guidance, pre-employment selection and employee management, handwriting remediation